Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DG for stiffened base plates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Italo01

Structural
Sep 4, 2021
BR
Hello,

The brazilian code for steel structures references the AISC's DG01 for base plate calculations and i've used it extensively, but the DG01 doesn't adress the case of stiffened base plates (At least the version that i have). I know some papers who describe methodologies for these base plates but i'd like to have (if it does exist!) a document as reliable and trusted as DG01, made by a renowed institution, which adresses the case of stiffened base plates.

If someone could suggest any, i'd be very thankful.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I also accept suggestions for documents which describe calculation of base plates for other types of columns as trussed columns, channels, etc.

Column base plate with brackets is an option for column bases subject to heavier loads where plate thicknesses
can become excessive. You may design the base plate as a continuous beam perpendicular to the brackets or better use FEM .

There are full worked examples at the book DESIGN OF WELDED STRUCTURES ( By OMER BLODGETT )

Use it up, wear it out;
Make it do, or do without.

NEW ENGLAND MAXIM

DG 39 is pretty comprehensive...

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back