Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DGN linking to Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeJackson

Geotechnical
Jul 22, 2004
US
We do geospacial mapping for TWC & companies similar to them. Therefore, we have DGN maps of roads, waterways, etc., along with all the cable lines including their taps, & poles.

We would like to have it possibly that when you click on a specific pole in a neighborhood that a digital image of the actual pole would open.

The images would be located with the DGN maps on the same harddrive. We would be using Microstation SE and XP Professional.

Thanks,

George

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

OK, I think I need 'Engineering Links' located under the tools menu. There is also a Links link under the Utilities Menu. I can't seem to get either to work. It pulls up the Readme for Engineering Links. I need to have it were when I click on an object in the map then a picture will open. I have read the Engineering Links readme be had no help. I also read it from within Help in Microstation and no specific instructions were given. Thanks in advance,

George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back