Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Die and Tool Design Dimension Tolerance 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adf_i

Mechanical
Mar 12, 2020
ID
Greetings, I am a student of mechanical engineering, i hope i can study a lot from the members experience in this Forum. I have a question, does anybody know a good referrence ( ex: Books, etc) for learning dimension tolerance and include the application of it? I need something practical with example included, because currently I'm working with tool design (stamping die) project andI need some referrence for it

I heard the tolerance are important and I'm aware that maybe the die set and the component for guiding and hold the punch need tolerance so the machining process won't go anywhere beyond the given tolerance. Any kind of help is really appreciated. Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The entire ASME Y14.xx series is something you should at least have better than passing knowledge of, particularly ASME Y14.43 Dimensioning and Tolerancing Principles for Gages and Fixtures and ASME Y14.5.1M Mathematical Definition of Dimensioning and Tolerancing Principles

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Not only tolerance, but which side of tolerance for die design. As the punch/die wears how to specify initial punch size so that as the tool wears the parts are still in tolerance? In addition to asking here, go visit a local toolmaker and ask them how to tolerance.

all good advice
then go to the floor with the drawing and have a one to one review with lead tool maker, and staff, machinist, fabricators making the parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back