Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

diesel fuel injection nozzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

gepeszbela

Automotive
Aug 15, 2021
HU
I need detailed technical documentation for an existing "S" type diesel fuel injection nozzle.
Number of injection holes, size, injection angle.
I am not able to produce my own nozzle in small quantities.
I want to replace it with an existing nozzle with similar characteristics

thank you for your help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I suspect the information you provided is not sufficient to determine the full specification. But let's see.
I assume your intention is to replace the nozzles in all cylinders at the same time (not just one).

"Schiefgehen wird, was schiefgehen kann" - das Murphygesetz

Subject of development: ~ 40 years old construction tractor engine.
Use more fuel than other types.
My aim: Diesel fuel injection system conversion.
After conversion, it is expectedly to consume less fuel.
I need it for the conversion:
5 pieces diesel fuel injection nozzles of own design.
The production of the nozzle is not undertaken by the manufacturer due to low order quantities.
I need a catalogue of a nozzle manufacturer.
Containing detailed technical documentation:"S" type, number of injection holes, size, injection angle.
I choose a nozzle with similar characteristics from the catalogue.
sorry for the bad English

What is the engine that you want to modify. Knowing that may enable me to narrow down some nozzles that have a similar specification.

Not having ever heard of an engine manufacturer of that name, I looked it up. It looks like that may be the manufacturer of the fuel injection components. Give us the engine that they are going into.

Maybe some specifics on the engine would help as well. Like size (displacement), 2 or 4 stroke, direct or prechamber, manufactures specs, ratings and all that.
You say conversion? So its not as manufactured a compression ignition engine? Or you are just converting the type of fuel injection system? Its difficult to know what this is all about.

The Wikipedia article indicated that the Rakovica engines are likely closely based on Perkins engines, and the tractors in the Wiki photograph can be seen to have CAV DPA rotary pumps on them. Also, the engine displacement and power rating that the OP mentions aligns with the details of the Perkins P6 engine. However, the P6 had a divided chamber (IDI) combustion system of Perkins own creation and was not stellar on fuel efficiency, which aligns with what the OP has indicated. That being the case, this does not align with the OP's requirement for long stem S-Type nozzles which would be for a normal open chamber DI engine. Is the OP planning on converting the engine from IDI to DI? If so, what is the injector offset angle, i.e. the angle of the injector relative to the cylinder bore axis (typically this is in the range 15° to 20°)?

Base engine: type: Rabotti 4VL, fuel injection:DI, nozzle type:S (ISO 2697, type:A1), injection holes:5x0,32.
Required nozzle: nozzle type:S (ISO 2697, type:A1), injection holes:6x0,26.
I need 5 nozzles "S" type (injection holes:6x0,26)
I am interested in the hydrodynamic design and sizing of the nozzle.
I need hydrodynamic design literature, please help me.

and the pumping loss of the expanding combustion gases passing through the opening between the prechamber and cylinder proper.

"Schiefgehen wird, was schiefgehen kann" - das Murphygesetz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back