Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Difference Between AASHTO Survivability Classes for Geotextiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirt Dept.

Geotechnical
Nov 18, 2016
US
Looking to better understand the difference between the three classes for geotextiles. I understand per the M288-06 selection guide that the classes are broken out based upon the survivability of the geotextiles, but was curious as to how those classes are actually determined. I did some research on my own, but haven't been able to find the answer I am looking for. Is it based on index properties for various strength components? Excessive traffic levels or loading conditions? How do these classes factor into hydraulic applications? Etc. Just looking for some literature regarding this subject.

Thank you in advance!

Blair Rushing, PE
Nelson Engineering
Jackson, Wyoming

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I suspect you may have seen this link. However, a firm such as that may well know the chairman or members of the AASHTO committee that developed the information. More likely those are the people to contact. A few phone calls probably will do it. Otherwise contact the Materials section of your state DOT as you pursue the question. Most of them are members of AASHTO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back