Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Diffuser Plate Sizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

valves4life

Industrial
Feb 15, 2012
US
Gentlemen (and Ladies)-

My question is fairly simple. I have a consultant that usually does this type of sizing, as I never do diffuser plate sizing. However, I am going on a sales call tomorrow and will not be able to get an answer from my consultant before then.

Anyway, the plate will be downstream the Control Valve, and the conditions I have are:

8" Diffuser- (i.e. Plate with holes drilled into it)

Q=2000 gpm
P1= 100 psig
P2= 7 psig
Fd= .07
Cv= 159.4
Media= water @ ambient

I just need to know how to figure out the hole size for the plate. I usually have someone size this and come up with the specs but I need to speak with the customer tomorrow about hole size/particle size in media and etc and will not be able to get the answer before then.

If I haven't given enough info let me know and I will upload the Sizing data I have....

Thank you in advance for any help. And PS. I'm not trying to be spoon fed. If you could just point me in the right direction, I'll put in the work, I just don't know where to start/what equations to use.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

And many of you may notice I started the same thread twice, yes you are correct, I did.

I didn't know there was a specific section in the eng-tips forums dedicated to valves. That is 100% my bad. So I made the thread in the pipes and pipelines pages first, then discovered the valve specific area. So, that is what happened. Thanks for listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back