Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dim question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridenrain

Mechanical
Jan 9, 2003
CA
Is there a setting that turns "display as chain dimension" off? I'm sick of having to turn it off on each and every ordinate dimension that I do.
Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

But where is that toggle/button? I looked in the options for this but found nothing.
I don't think I can change it untill I put in an ordinate dim and that leads me back to turning it off all the time like I am now.

... and why do I have a del link on the word dimension? I sure didn't put it there.

bump...
Can anybody answer this?

To be very clear:
I ordinate dimension a part in a drawing and always have to turn off the "display as a chain" button. I would like this to default to the off position.
From what I can see, this option is only available after the ordinate dims are placed. It cannot be turned off before the ordinate dim is placed.

Are you using ISO or ANSI as your dimensioning standard?

ANSI does not use this option, and it can not be turned on.

ISO has it on by default and must be turned off each time (sounds like your case)

Check your setting in Document Properties, Detailing, Dimension Standard and make sure it is set to ANSI.

The other question is, which standard are you supposed to be following?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back