Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dimension Problems when Drafting in V5

Status
Not open for further replies.

btwilcox

Automotive
Jan 31, 2005
US
I am having a lot of problems when making cumulative dimensions in V5. The supplier that I am working with will not accept the circle x default for the cumulative dimensions. They want to use regular dots with the zero appearing next to the dot.

I have tried many things in order to make this change but nothing seems to work. I have tried right clicking and finding the pop up box which contains the circle x option, but when I get there the option is greyed out. After reading some of the posts in this forum, I tried logging in as an administrator, and after achieving this, I was still not able to change the box.

I was hoping that I would not have to start an entirely different part file in order to restore these settings, becuase the drawing is very extensive and i have worked on it for many hours.

I was thinking maybe that I needed to start a new enviornment somehow, which I could then open my file into and all the changes could be made. Another idea was that maybe I needed to perform some command so that my settings will then go into effect after I change them? (Possibly saving my new standards as a different file name, i.e. ANSI, ISO, MYSTAND.) Help on this topic would be greatly appriciated, as this drawing needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

I am using CATIA P3 V5 R12 SP6.

1. updating a drafting -after a change in your drafting standarts- will not update old dimensions. YOu have to restart dimensioning after updating.

2. I checked the "dimension line symbols table" in online documentation... there is no "dot" in the list.

While using circle, try to change the following parameter of the standard CUMLSymbolScale = 0.01. it is under the dimension branch of the standard tree.

FPeng

BT, have your tried changing to the different drawing formats? from ISO to ASME or ANSI in page setup? I know there are a few standards that can only be achieved by changing these formats.

Actually, I have since fixed the problem by doing just that. The automotive supplier that I work for has their own CATIA v5 standard which I was trying to emulate and I was finally able to access this standard at their office. Thanks for the help,
BT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back