Dimensioning style problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulpatrick

Mechanical
Aug 27, 2005
GB
Hi
I am dimensions on objects . Depite setting up the style to dimension it with the correct sized text and arrowheads etc on a dimension style say kg20 as an example. Yet when I go to dimesion the object I get it the text coming out small..with a dimension style kg20$....What do I need to do to get it to do it automatically ..rather than me redoing all of em again in properties?
Oh I am using AutoCad 2011...not a fan of all the changes that they have made...especially the drop down menus like windows 07

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sounds like you are using AutoCAD Mechanical rather than vanilla AutoCAD - you should include this information in your post.
I suggest you also attach an example file that exhibits this behavior.

I was poking around and came across this thread, then saw it is 2 months old.

Anyway, here's my 2 cents: In the Format -> Text Style dialog box, is the text height set at a particular value? I think it needs to be set to "0" or else it will override your Dimension Settings Dialog Box Text Height setting.

I think that is the solution, although I've only slightly used ver. 2010 and am still on 2007 at work.

Similar problem, w/ Autodesk Mechanical 2007. I can change the dim scale overall in the properties manager or in DIMSTYLE, but how do I apply it to all dims that I create? Using set current in DIMSTYLE doesn't do it.

moon161

Once you've set it Current in the Dimstyle box, do a Dimension Update. There's a DimUpdate button on the standard Dim toolbar, or it's at the bottom of the pulldown menu. You can Zoom Ext or All and just broadly select everything and it will only affect the dimensions. (That is assuming you want to change all the dimensions.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back