Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dimensions going crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

civeng80

Structural
Dec 21, 2007
AU
When I dimension they include circles and rectangles and making a mess of everything. The dimension styles manager box shows heaps of circles and rectangles.

Anyone have an explanation ?

Annoying and making me go crazy.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would go into block editor and see if the architectural tick block (think block is called _archtick or something like that) has a circle that has been added to it by mistake.

That's my best guess, if that's not it, no idea. We have a few clients that use custom arrowheads, and have encountered similar issues when someone edits the incorrect block.

Thanks for reply ohiocad.

I went to the block editor and there is a rectangle and circle for the arc tick. It can be edited back to the original block.

But why did it change ?

Im the only one using the drawing file and never did any block changes to this block.

No telling on that one. Have seen autocad do some goofy things. No chance someone else worked in the drawing, or that it was modified and sent back to you by a client, etc?

All I remember is that I worked on the job for a few hours straight, dimensioning, and then had a look at another part of the job and there was a mass of circles and rectangles.
Thats when I started to pull my hair out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back