Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Dimensions Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

billy6565

Mechanical
Apr 18, 2002
US
Using Inventor 5.0 - When adding dimensions to a sketch, the leader lines and dimension lines show up - but the dimension text is out to the side somewhere and the dimension text is truncated to only one character. Could this be a graphics card problem or a bug or a preference setting that needs adjustment?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I used to have a similar problem with SolidWorks. I do not use Inventor so I applogise if I am way off on this.

You may want to check to see if you have perspective turned on under your view options. This screwed me up more than once in the 2d enviroment.

Hope this is what you were looking for. BBJT CSWP

Hi,

Inventor seems to be very graphic card specific. I had recently a case where I was using an approved graphic card and driver by Autodesk for Inventor, and was seeing strange random things in the .IDW files. I upgraded the driver to the latest non-approved driver and it now works perfectly. Look on the Autodesk website or in Inventor 5.3 there is a link to the graphics driver website. Or alternatively search out your latest driver anyway.

Regards

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back