DIN Flange Standards 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

warrenelec

Mechanical
Oct 31, 2003
US
Hi,

I am quoting a piece of equipment for a customer who only has a drawing of the part that they will need (existing system in europe). The spec shows a flange that is a DIN 2527 (100xPN16 304SS flange). I can't find much on the internet...does this have a raised face or a flat face? If anyone knows where I can find some good info please advise. All help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Appreciate the help, but I need to know if the flat face or raised face flange is the standard for a DIN 100 x PN 16 flange & I can't find anything on those websites. Most of our work is done using ANSI flanges and i'd prefer not to buy a DIN standards book for a one time project. We'd omly be buying the flange from a vendor and machining it for the equipment. thanks

Thanks heier; this page shows a shape B and shape T options for pressure numbers 6-40. I am using 100 x PN 16 flanges; it notes that shape T is "bigger to DN 65" - does this mean any flanges above DN 65 will have a raised face (i.e. a "dg" dimension)?

Hi again

I am no DIN expert, but as I read it; You have a DN 100 and PN 16 - then Shape T (Bigger to DN 65)is the correct one for you

RH

Be careful how you are reading the DIN 2527 spec sheet. Dimension D9 is not the diameter of a raised face, it is significantly smaller. If you look at the drawing it appears to be an island in the middle of the flange which is simply not required to meet the machined surface requirement.

For example a DN100 PN16 flange has a raised face diameter of 158mm whereas the document linked to above for DIN 2527 shows diameter D9 as being a max of 90mm. So no way can that be a raised face.
Also if you look at the three separate drawings on the linked document you will see that there is a raised face only on the form E flange which is only used for pressure rating PN64 and PN100 you are only looking at PN16.

So in my opinion you are looking at a flat faced blind flange that is allowed to have a shoulder upto 90mm diameter which does not have to be machined at all. In fact the higher pressure form E flange actually states "The diameter D3 and D9 can be rough" this would not be true if it where a raised face.

In my experience PN16 blind flanges have been pretty much flat faced, some have had a slightly raised rough surface as described above but none that I remember have had a raised face.

Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back