Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disappearing menu items / degree of freedom coupling issues - ANSYS Mechanical APDL 18.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST21

Mechanical
Dec 8, 2017
GB
Hi, I'm using ANSYS Mechanical APDL (either 18.1 or 18.2) to model a piezoelectric energy harvester. For some reason, under the preprocessor menu the 'Coupling/Ceqn' tab has disappeared and I have no idea how to get it back.

When I was previously able to access the 'Coupling/Ceqn' tab to attempt to couple the nodes on my piezoelectric patch, there was no option to couple the VOLT degrees of freedom. Only UX, UY, UZ, TEMP and ALL were available for coupling. Again I'm unsure as to why the VOLT option is missing.

Thirdly the option to prescribe an 'electric' load under [preprocessor -> loads -> define loads] is also missing.

I've been learning ANSYS using the GUI so I'm not sure how to resolve these issues by using code. I've set my preferences to show features for all analysis types but it didn't seem to change anything.

Any help in solving any of these problems is really appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back