display block on drawing via custom property checkbox selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWJR

Military
Jul 16, 2013
US
Hello,

I'm trying to create (via the custom property build tool) a checkbox which will display a block if checked, and hide it if unchecked. The block will be 3 or 4 lines of text. I'm familiar with the workings of the custom property build tool, but I can't seem to find the way to do this. Can anyone help me?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Could, but what's been asked of me is to put a checkbox in the custom property pane so that if you check it, the block will display, and uncheck it and the block will be hidden.

Sounds like you might have to create some sort of macro to utilize the checkbox to run the macro to turn the layer on\off. Or possibly create a API program to run when you check that box. Just some ideas to look into.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
CAD Systems Manager
Evapar

"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Not familiar with these techniques, but if that's the only way, will have to learn. I was hoping that there was a way to link the "value" field of the checkbox to the path of the block.

I figured it out. I was making it harder than it needed to be (I often do that). All I had to do is add a checkbox, name it, and type the value in. By default, it comes in as one long line. When I insert a note and link it to this new property I added, it indeed comes in as one long line. I then edited it, and selected "wordwrap" and changed it to an appropriate value. I put all this in the drawing template. Now, when the checkbox is checked, this word wrapped note appears, and when unchecked it disappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back