Display Coordinates 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSVBD

Structural
Jul 23, 2015
US
ACAD LT 2016

Periodically, our network tech support "enhances" our system which typically results in mildly-undesirable, but annoying and inefficient changes to our individual ACAD systems.

My coordinates are now missing.

How do i display my coordinates near the command prompt?

Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

SparWeb, thanks for the effort.

I typed "COORDS" and was prompted for a numeric value. The default was <1>. I entered "0" and nothing happened. I tried again and entered "1". Still no results.

Any other thoughts?

Is your statusbar turned on where the coordinates would normally be shown? I assume you're talking about the lower-left-corner X,Y coordinate display of the CURSOR. You can display it OFF, Absolute, Geographic, or Relative. There's a keyboard shortcut "CTRL+I" for it.

If all that is not it, then it's possible you have the overall display of that item on your status bar disabled. At the lower-right corner (the far right end of the status bar) the 'clean screen' button has a small drop down arrow next to it. Click that. Make sure "Cursor Coordinate Values" is checked on.

Curiosity: Why do you care about the coordinate value of your cursor location?

JNieman, thank you!

I must have a slightly different version of ACAD than what you are describing. Next to my Clean Screen" button is (3) horizontal lines, apparently the equivalent to the small drop down arrow. I checked "Coordinates" within that list.

For some reason, "Ctrl-I" does not work, even though ACAD DOES acknowledge this to be the proper command or key-board function.

On my other post entitled "ACAD LT 2016", would you happen to have any feedback for THAT inquiry?

I've been drafting in ACAD for 20 years and i've never encountered THAT specific problem.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back