Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

display of instance holes

Status
Not open for further replies.

xdp

Mechanical
Apr 18, 2003
CA
Hi, when rectangular array of instancing a hole is adopted, say 2*5, just 2 holes are shown on the work screen, but in model navigator, do shown 10 instances. Looks like not a big deal, but better to shooooooown them. any help? SVP

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would need more information to exactly answer you, but if I understand you right, it is possible that all but two holes are positioned OFF of the face of the body you are drilling. If this happens, I believe UG might still create the features, even though they fall off the part, and are actually non-existing (although I was not able to verify that in NX1). Another thing to check is if they are created inside a body, and are actually "swallowed up" by the body.

Thank you Demco, I think other holes are positioned inside parts body, the problem maybe the UG is not supposed to show them all, will that happen? and I will verify my design again to let you know.

thanks hocky. Unfortunately, it's not suppressed, I found that holes are not perpendicular to X-Y plane, and you know that instance function ask for x offest and y offset, I don't know if this belongs to an error or unperfection of software. That's all I neglected. Sometime, I need to be more patient. Thanks for all advices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back