Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying all parts in assembly as RESOLVED 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvanDH

Mechanical
Sep 30, 2010
US
Hi we are trying to upgrade our graphics cards

To help choose best one we are analyzing # triangles in typical models

The macro only works if all the parts in your assem are resolved.
Thus the reason for my question.

I have a medium size model would like to resolve every part in it,

2013 parts, 237 subassemblies, 6 levels, do not want to go through every part one by one and resolve.

Before I open the model i go to System Options -> Performance and UNCHECK "Automatically load components lightweight". And I leave checked "Always resolve sub-assemblies". and for "Check ..." I put "Always Resolve" and for "Resolve lightweight components" I put "Always" and for "REbuild assembly on load" I put "Always".

When I open the assembly it will ONLY open in "Large Assembly Mode". If I go Tools-> then unselect "Large Assembly Mode", the save the assembly, then close it, then reopen it, the "Large Assembly Mode" icon is once again $%#@@$^*@ checked.

Also, opening and closing the assembly AUTOMATICALLY CHANGES the selection in system options -> performance and RECHECKS the box "Automatically load components lightweight" !!?? WHY????!!! I just unchecked that box, and did nothing to indicated I want it rechecked!

So basically I would like to know two things: How the &% to get out of "large assembly mode" and how the *# to get ALL THE PARTS in the assembly, all at once, to be RESOLVED.

I haven't found the SW "help" to be useful on this subject.

THanks!!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ah, thanks - that's easy. I'd selected all the top level parts and assemblies and tried "set lightweight to resolved" and for some reason that didn't work - but your way did. thx again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back