Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying Degree of Bend in Drafting Workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimA08

Mechanical
Jan 19, 2012
US
I'm working with Catia V5 R20. In the drafting work bench I have an unfolded view of a sheet metal part. How do I display the degree of each bend?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I believe you are saying I should create a separate view of the folded item. I did this but it only shows the formed angle relationship between the bent sheets. I'm looking for an output of the actual bend angle. For example if I bend a piece of sheet metal down 109.86 degrees (this the value im trying to obtain) the folded view will only the display 70.14 degrees which is the inside angle relationship of the folded part. Same on the other end of the part if I bend it down 70.14 (this the value in im trying to obtain) the folded view shows 109.86 which is just the relationship of the bent piece not the actual bend angle from a flat piece of sheet. Hope this helps, I appreciate any help

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=89542762-789c-4170-9514-75b31172e137&file=TFR.jpg
As you apply the angle dim, move to the side you want, then right click and select Angle Sector. Pick the Angle Sector that applies to your need.

If an angle is already dim'ed, pick the dim, right click, select Dimension.X.Object, select Sector, same process.

Harold G. Morgan
CATIA, QA, CNC & CMM Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back