Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying Pro/E Assembly on Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamcanuck550

Mechanical
Oct 10, 2003
US
Hi there,

I'm trying to put a Pro/E model onto the web that will allow browsers to manipulate the model. What I mean, is that we want people browsing the site to be able to change some parameters in an assembly, and have the model update. Does anyone know of any way to do this?

Matt

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Pro/WEB PUBLISH allows you to export models in a format such as HTML of VRML that can be viewed from a web browser. Unfortunately, all you can do is view them as they aren't parametric.
Is it possible to have family table information in an Excel spreadsheet on a Web page that can then be updated and have this linked back to your model somehow? Just throwing ideas out.
If you think about platforms like Pro/Collaborate and Windchill along with embedded viewers maybe something like what your proposing isn't far off.

To move the 3D model to a format that would be browser freindly is straight forward. Your potential clients would still need to install some code into their IE setup.

Solidworks has an interesting solution that does what you want. I think they sell it in ASP form. You can select a part and change paramters, and the software will deliver the updated part to a browser client. I think it supports PRO/E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back