Dissolved organic carbon in sludge

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTJCM

Civil/Environmental
Oct 3, 2018
BG
Greetings,
I have a problem with dissolved organic carbon(DOC) in sludge. I need to lower the concentration of dissolved organic carbon in sludge. The sludge is generated from the treatment of waste water. The entry waste water in waste water treatment plant(WWTP) is with the following parameters:
pH=10-13;
Al[sub]2[/sub]O[sub]3[/sub]=96,05g/dm[sup]3[/sup]
Cu = 7,8g/dm[sup]3[/sup]
Cd = 39,22mg/dm[sup]3[/sup]
Undessolved substances = 55 mg/dm[sup]3[/sup]

Mainly we treat sodium aluminate and oil-in water emulsions in our WWTP.

We are using 28% HCL for neutralization the pH.

Simply the process is as following:
The waste water is neutralized with 28% HCL, after that is going to 2 lamellar vessel and proceeds to the sand filter, after sand filter the waste water enter the precipitator and after that is entering the filter press.

Right now we are using flokulant Flopam AN 905 SH. The solution for filter press right now is 0,01%.

The dissolved organic carbon in sludge is 2050mg/kg i need to lower it under 800mg/kg.

Can you give me some advice about method or technology for lowering the dissolved organic carbon in sludge.

Best regards,
George

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi bimr,

The industry is for extrusion of aluminum and the average flow rate is between 4-5m[sup]3[/sup] per day.

Best regards,
George

Don't believe that there will be an cost-effective method considering the low daily volume of wastewater that you have.

I would recommend that you try to isolate similar wastes and then try to recycle the wastes. There are many recyclers of oily waste that will reprocess waste oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back