Distributed Loads Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnyD

Structural
Jul 17, 2018
US
Hello all,

I am currently having a problem with attempting to model distributed loads in RISA. When I attempt to add a distributed load, the model does not display the newly added loads (like it normally does). When I go to load spreadsheets it shows the load has been added. I have attempted changing the visual setting but still, no loads to be displayed.

The large problem comes from when I attempt to run the model though. While solving, I get a message stating "Distributed or Point Load Error for Member M46, Use Model Merge to check for duplicate nodes." As soon as I remove the distributed loads (leaving only point loads) the model runs fine. I am thinking it has something to do with RISA and not the model as I created a new simple 2 point and a member model and when I attempted to add distributed loads, the same error occurred.

I couldn't find anything about this online anywhere so any assistance would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What version are you running? Does the program crash on you when you're working with these models sometimes?

Just trying to determine if there could be a "file corruption". That can affect the program's ability to display loads.

You might attach your model if it's possible, and I could take a look.

Also, when adding the loads, make sure that you aren't specifying a start or end distance that doesn't exist. I've seen it before where people have specified a certain end location for a distributed load that was beyond the extents of the beam. It would allow you to put the load, and would populate the spreadsheet, but the error would come up the same as you are indicating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back