Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Distributed Tendon Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

strguy11

Structural
Nov 29, 2005
US
I have a couple of questions regarding how to show the layout of Distributed tendons in my 2-way slab.

1. How many strands can be "bundled" for the distributed together. I have read (4) but i have seen drawings that show 5 strands at a 5'-0" oc spacing. I am thinking 5 would be the max.

2. Are most people showing all of the tendons across the slab, or say only showing (1) within an area and just giving an effective force per foot of this area of similar tendons?

3. I have an area where i laid out most of the tendons at a 5' o.c. spacing, and for the most part, 5 tendons at 5 feet on center work for the distributed tendons. I do have one area that based on the span, i need to increase some of these to like 8 tendons at 5' on center. Is it ok just to show these as 8 tendons at 5' o.c. or should i show them as (4) tendons at 2'-6" o.c. or just show the effective force per linear foot? What are most people doing?

4. Is there a maximum precompression limit? I have never seen one posted, but i have read that for a podium type of structure 300 to 350 psi seems to be practical. More than that a thicker slab might need to be considered. Correct?

My thought is to just use the layout i got to work in my software (ADAPT) (the 8 tendons at 5' o.c as described aobve) and have the PT supplier show the layout that works for them. What is everyone doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back