Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DMU Kinematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallybanger

Mechanical
Feb 19, 2009
MX
Hey Guys,
I think the DMU Kinematics module is a really useful tool but no one in my office is using it... mostly because no one knows how. I would like to spearhead the initiative and learn how to use the tool. I'm going through the Catia docs and reading a tutorial I found online. here is my question!

I'm trying to do a motion/interference analysis of a suspension system, seen below.

suspension.jpg

Now that's a skippered spring bracket suspension. Within DMU kinematics can I define those springs as springs, and have them twist and contort? Also, the ends of those springs are not directly attached to anything, they are pretty much floating inside of the spring brackets at the ends. Can I define some sort of clash and have them distort when they contact the brackets but otherwise move freely?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think you can make a spring that compresses if you create it with contexual links but for the distort when in contact then you need a FEA solver, saw a demo of the new nonlinear module in r19 that does that, think the trigram was ANL.

WHAT? Rigid parts only? I'm assuming you mean for showing movement between rigid parts only....

FEA solver? Do I need to get some sort of a Catia plugin? Do you have a link?

YES! Excatly what I want to be able to do zyx82! I want to be able to do almost exactly that with Catia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back