do a big favor about polyurethane foam

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohsenfathi

Bioengineer
Jul 24, 2016
US
hi engineers i am trying to make corbels with pu foam
the problem is that i need more expansion with same hardness at the same time (simultanously) is there any material that i can use it?
second question
i am using silicone mold for pu foam. after 10 to 15 time of use the mols start to tearing that i think its because of reaction heat. is there any solution for this problem and any alternative material for mold?
i hope you understood my talks
and any help is very crucial and appreciated

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are self-skinning urethane foams that do not foam at the mold surface. This results in a tough and durable surface while the interior is low density foam.
Silicone is known to degrade from chemical attack by epoxy resins. I would surmise that urethanes act similarly. Often FEP film can be used to protect the mold surface from direct contact with resins.

I don't know if you are working with a product from a downstream manufacturer or working with the raw materials from producers, like Huntsman or BASF. You can contact either of these companies and find out who is their area representative. They in turn will point you to their distributor who can gauge your needs and suggest other downstream compounding manufactures that may produce products more in line with your requirements. If you are working with your own formula, and purchasing a number of pallets of barrels a year, then the distributor would have a more keen interest in your needs. The number of monomers & pre-polymers and their associated reactants is so vast, you should be able to dial in almost anything you desire. Both Huntsman & BASF have extensive white paper libraries that research end-used formulations and offer starter formulas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back