Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do you think Teamcenter Express will become standard in Solid Edge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

popping

Mechanical
Dec 17, 2003
US
We are setting up a Sharepoint server to use Insight, but we would like to know if you think UGS will start including Teamcenter Express in a standard version if Solid Edge in the future? And if so how long?

Thanks

Jeremy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Team Center Express will always be an extra cost to implement the full server-side system, mainly because Team Center Engineering and Team Center Enterprise is UGS' biggest money maker.

I do expect to see Insight starting to go by the wayside, as TC Express is a cost effective strategy with a bigger bang for the buck. Also, TC is completely developed by UGS, whereas Insight depends on Sharepoint and UGS already got bit once by Microsoft radically changing the back-office from Sharepoint v1 to v2, leaving UGS' customers with no easy way to migrate. UGS got bit once that way and its customers were irate, I think they will move away from that dependancy in the future in order to avoid that situation again.

--Scott

For some pleasure reading, try FAQ731-376

Party line at PLM world was that Insight would continue for the forseable, we're in the process of an implementation too. However, I wouldn't completely rule out Scotts comments or your own concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back