Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Do you turn in SW Enhancement Requests or Vote for Enhancements? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBaugh

Mechanical
Mar 6, 2001
US
How many of you actually turn in Enhancement Requests? I personally turn in about 1 or 2 every few weeks, sometimes months. Today I turned in two.

The one that is important to me would give us the ability to have a system option that allows us to set a constraint for a slot mate. I believe in 2019 they address this somewhat for concentric mates, but not the slot mate. I also think that a slot mate constraint should be available in the RMB when you select that mate in the tree.

Vote for Enhancements
Did you know that within the Solidworks Customer Portal you can vote for enhancements that people like myself have turned in? Its true, check it out if you haven't logged in a while. Once you search out an SPR#, you just have to fill out the "Product version" that you are using and "Why do you need this Functionality" along with any screenshots or files you might have to support it.

Once they actually give an SPR# above I will post it and hopefully, those that agree with my enhancement will go out and vote for it. Problem is they are really slow [yawn] at getting to these ER's... sigh...

I think those of us that do turn in ER's and get SPR #'s should post those #'s here and for those that agree they can go out and vote for it. Its better than waiting for the once a year Top Ten at Solidworks World to go live.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
CAD Systems Manager
Evapar

"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well, we can't control what they do or don't do, but I am going to do my part and vote and turn in ER's as needed. This a way I know I am not to blame if Solidworks doesn't improve. If it does improve, then I know I played a part in it.

Its kind of like voting, if you don't vote, you can't complain who's in office.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
CAD Systems Manager
Evapar

faq731-376

FYI - after I replied above, I received a reply from the Solidworks Product Development team on one of my enhancement request that was turned in today... sounds to me like someone is at least acknowledging them.

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
CAD Systems Manager
Evapar

faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back