Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Documentation: NX

Status
Not open for further replies.

latchescmk

Mechanical
Mar 21, 2006
US
I have been asked to help 3 curent users of Ideas translate into NX3. They will primarilly use Modeling, Drafting, and Assemblies. They are all going to "basic training" in the next few weeks. I was wondering if there was a printable "Glossary of Terms" out there related to NX? I want to give them a chance to play around with the software on there own but also to become familier with the correct terminology. We all seem to develope our own "lingo" but since they are going to formal training I hope they can be as aware as possible. I have been reviewing the CAST package and it seems pretty comprehensive but almost too "acurate" for a transition person. I will be having them complete specific sections based on the need and ability. They all will be attending a training session on Pro Die Wizzard a few weeks after their initial training. The Prog Die software seems pretty new and I am not sure how widely it is being used. I would like to here from some users if there are any.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We started using the prog die wizzard a coulple years back with NX 1. We "tried" to use it for about a month and gave up on the package. It was a great idea by UGS, but poorly implemented. We found it very combersome to use, and almost worthless with out the additional metaform package. Standard package will only handle straight break parts. If you have any question in particular on it, drop me a line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back