Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Documentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishal

Industrial
Mar 8, 2005
Hi,
My UK based company owns/operates a liquid CO2 system for fire fighting purposes. MAOP is 22 Barg. The liquid CO2 is distributed by various sizes of pipes the largest being 100mm to the different areas. We have no technical documentation on the pipework - no material certs, welding records, drawings, or CE certification. My understanding is that for a cat II system that this should all be supplied by the manufacturer - am I right in this? The supplier is no longer talking to us - do we have any legal recourse in this matter?

On a similar issue - is the system supplier required to carry out a hazard analysis and should this also be provided to the end user?

Thanks,
Alan

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

1- check with your jurisdiction to see if you need any certification.
2- if you do, are you violating any laws?
3- if you are, you are in trouble.
'see the law will get you first, then you seek damages from
the mfr if you can, else you are screwed.
genb

The Pressure Equipment regulations 1999, which relate to the European Directive PED 97/23/EC should apply to any new pressure equipment. The DTI has a useful free publication - Guidance notes on the UK regulations - Pressure Equipment, URN 05/1074. My understanding is that as a minimum the system should be CE marked, and you should have all necessary documention to allow the safe operation of the system.

I think you can also contact the DTI directly, who may also be interested to hear about your system supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back