Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

does angone know how to select inner nodes on a 3D model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhanshenjing

Automotive
Nov 10, 2012
US
Hi, I am analysing the force on an inner section of a 3D cubic model, does anyone know how to choose the node on this surface

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry I am confused, do you want to pick "internal" nodes or nodes on the "surface". If its nodes on the surface, that's easy. Internal nodes can be a little more tricky, have you tried picking by angle when you are selecting the nodes?

I find it convenient to do such things in the INP but you can do them in CAE as well. Assuming you are comfortable workign with INPs and if you are interested in the force on an internal node, figure out which node number you are interested in. Go to the INP and in the Assembly module, create a node set with that node number. Finally, call appropriate output requests for that node set.

thank yaston4 and Icebreakersours‘s reply. Sorry for the confusing question. I need to know the force on a section, not a surface. can CAE pick all the nodes on the section? not so familiar with inp.....Is modifying INP the only possible way?I tried by angle but can only select surface nodes...

I guess what you want is to create a surface inside a mesh. If so, and I don't know if this is the most convenient way or not, here's how I get it done:

1. Mesh module => Mesh -> "create Mesh part"
2. With the "object" being "Part", Mesh -> Edit -> Element -> Delete
3. Delete elements above or below the surface you want.
4. Create the surface and give it a convenient name like xxxxxxxx
5. Write the inp, open the INP, search for xxxxxxxx
6. Copy the elset and surface definitions, and paste them in the original INP.

There may be a way to do this in CAE (check the CAE manual) but I don't know of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back