Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does anybody know, how bearing size and fitment decided?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangraop

Automotive
Mar 19, 2014
US
Hello Everybody,
This is my first post in Bearing Design section. I hope, I will get responses on this.
Currently I'm working on rear axle design and curious to know regarding fitment selection for taper roller bearings.
We have standard set of guidelines for fit selection and thus not helpful to know how it came into existence.
My question is like if I have a set of taper roller bearings to be used in axle housing, how to decide their size and fitment as per application.

If anyone has any links or any documents, please share.

Thank you,
Rangrao Padiyar

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

See:

Catalogs and engineering manuals rarely include much 'why' information. Sometimes you can infer a little.

Better, if you will be buying more than a few, or have a hope of generating a consumption stream, any bearing manufacturer will be happy to put you in touch with a sales engineer, who will provide or find expert guidance in your particular application. If you are lucky, you will get an old one who really knows his stuff.

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back