Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Does anyone have a Hamilton VR20 Drafting Table Manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayDee

Electrical
Aug 17, 2001
US
thread769-329434
I obtained a Hamilton VR20 drafting table from GE a number of years ago. I set it up for my daughter in full working order. Now that I'm using it, I found that the table will not raise and lower (it originally did). The footswitches operate the motor - I can hear it turn, but nothing moves. I would like to get a manual before I disassemble the drafting top from the post that houses the motor-screw mechanism.

Hamilton is no longer in business and the companies that seemed to purchase their business have dropped the drafting table business (or gone under). It was built in Two Rivers, WI. I contacted the library and a Hamilton museum there - no luck. U of Wisconsin has some assembly manuals online, but not a user manual of sufficient detail.

Does anyone have a manual for this table or sufficiently deep knowledge of its operation to give me some suggestions for troubleshooting the mechanism? Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I might find such a manual?

Thanks in advance for any help,
John Dougherty

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Jay Dee,
The drafting table mentioned in the reference thread that I had was a manual table. There are some companies that offer the manual on line for the electric model as a PDF download, and a google search should turn these up , be aware there are some scammers out there.
B.E.

You are judged not by what you know, but by what you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back