Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does anyone have any vertical load

Status
Not open for further replies.

wsheppard

Computer
Apr 23, 2003
US
Does anyone have any vertical load data on corrugated steel pipe? We need to construct a support column with an internal chase. So using an outer pipe of 34", and an inner pipe of 24", and then pouring between the two is the plan.
The only data I can find so far ignores any value of the steel pipe itself, and regards it as forming material only. My sense is that for limited height uses this should be significant and reduce the amount of rebar. Since the weight of the column itself is a concern I'd like to leverage whatever may available from the pipes themselves. This height of these columns is only 10.5 feet.

Any pointers or experiences would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Wayne Sheppard

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think you may be better off using smooth plastic pipe for the forms and disregard the pipes in the structural calcs. If you use CMP and re bar inside you will have to do more vibrating to make sure your mix is out to the pipe wall all the way down the inside and outside. As an asise , where are you going to 34" CMP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back