Double Bus system with disconnectors 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkview

Electrical
Nov 12, 2015
AW
Hi all,

In a double bus system below. The normal operation is to use only Bus-I (disconnector DS-1A, DS-2A, and DS-3A closed and DS-1B, DS-2B, and DS-3B open).
While operating with load, can the disconnector of Bus-II, e.g., DS-1B be closed to open the disconnector of Bus-I, e.g., DS-1A?

Double-Bus-Single-Breaker-Scheme_rz4awp.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear Mr. sparkview (Electrical)(OP)9 Jun 22 21:05
"....In a double bus system below. The normal operation is to use only Bus-I (disconnector DS-1A, DS-2A, and DS-3A closed and DS-1B, DS-2B, and DS-3B open). #1. While operating with load, can the disconnector of Bus-II, e.g., DS-1B be closed to open the disconnector of Bus-I, e.g., DS-1A? "
#1. No. Per IEC (disconnector=isolator) are designed for switching Without.
load/current.
#2. Attention: 1. The CB-1,2 or 3 MUST be open before operating on DS-1A, 1B; DE-2A, 2B ...

2. Check whether DS-1D, 2D which are by-passing the ES is allowed? Extremely dangerous!?
#3. It is usually NOT allowed that " DS-1B be closed to open the disconnector of Bus-I, e.g., DS-1A? "[/i]. See above #1. Not even Bus I and Bus II are from only one source/transformer.
#4. DS-1x shall be inter-locked with the respective CB-1. Also, CB shall be inter-locked with the respective ES.
Che Kuan Yau (Singapore)

DS-1B closed (when DS-1A is closed) but DS-3B and CB-3 shall be closed to couple Bus-B with Bus-A. Once done, DS-1A is opened and that completes changeover of feeder-1 from Bus-I to Bus-II.
The same sequence is repeated for other feeders also (to changeover all feeders (including sources) when Bus-I shutdown is planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back