Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Double Dump Valves 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick2001

Chemical
Sep 22, 2023
US
We are having reliability issues with our double dump valves. Currently they are Posiflate inflatable seal valves. The process is a somewhat abrasive powder. The valves are cycled every 8 seconds and have a sequence where the chamber between the valves is filled, then the top valve is closed and the chamber is pressurized, then the bottom valve is opened to shoot the product into a pneumatically conveyed line to the rest of the process. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good replacement for these Posiflate valves?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Good luck on that one! A dry, abrasive powder would have to be one of the most difficult services for a valve of any description. Certainly avoid any with a cavity where product can become trapped and compacted.
My initial thoughts were for a pinch valve, but with the frequency of operation I doubt that they would last any time at all. A bit more detail on the installation would assist. The size, the orientation, pressures, mass/density of slug of powder etc. etc. I would suggest that you really need to look for a bespoke solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back