Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DP Flow Transmitter installation for Dry Gas Measurement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy HS

Petroleum
Oct 31, 2017
KR
Hi all,

I would like to get opinions about D/P transmitter(Emerson 2051 Series) installation for Dry Gas Measurement.
As you know already, all of vendor generally recommend to install the transmitter above dry gas service pipeline.

image_opnjei.png

But now, the pipeline with flow element(venturi) is at 2000mm of height from the ground and the transmitter is already installed at 2500mm in order to meet the installation guideline.
It means that it is almost impossible the local monitoring without any support like moving stairs or platform.

I found that API RP 551 or GOST shows the transmitter installation for dry gas service is able to install below the pipeline as below.
image_fgwf0a.png

Is there anybody to have this experience at a site?
I appreciate if you make me know this installation case actually can make correct measurement and it needs the special installation requirements for it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've seen this where you need to route the twin lines to a low point with a drain valve then pipe upwards into the transmitter.

Or better still install a tee with the down leg acting as a drain pot with a drain valve on the end and run the other pipes up into your TX

Every now and then as part of routine maintenance, you crack the drain valve and let any water out. Basically the same as they show for steam service.

All it is doing is making sure that any water / condensate doesn't affect the small delta P.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back