Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Draft Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawoh

Mechanical
Oct 1, 2002
CA
Is it possible to completely disable draft mode in SW2007? I have wasted a lot of time replotting stuff that got switched to draft mode.

JHG

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure if there's an option to set somewhere for this. Could it perhaps be you need to update a drawing template file (options set in each document?) to do this? I don't use drawings much, and even more rarely print them, so that's all a guess.

Jeff Mowry
Reason trumps all. And awe transcends reason.

In your drawing templates (drwdot), make sure Tools > Options > System Options > Drawings > Display Style > Display quality for new views is set to High Quality.

SW Help said:
All drawing views are automatically created in high quality, except if:

You open a drawing that contains drawing views saved in draft quality in a version previous to SolidWorks 2006. In this case, the drawing views remain in draft quality. If you change the drawing views to high quality, you cannot change them back to draft quality.

[cheers]
SW07-SP3.1
SW06-SP5.1

In the print dialog box. In the lower right hand corner there is a box to check "Convert draft quality drawings to high quality" check it just before you print.

The other method is to click on the green box around each drawing view and look under "Display style" in the left hand column. If the view is draft quality it offers you two check boxes. High quality and draft quality. Check the high quality box and the draft quality box disappears.

I find the view image quality issues have shown up since we went to 2007 service pack 2.2. It happens when I copy a drawing to up rev it via configurations.

I have sent this to our VAR just today after wasting much time and paper. I hope SP 3.1 will take care of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back