Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

(Drafting) Display linked table from different sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarthrin

Mechanical
Feb 14, 2014
US
In our current template we have a revision table. The table is located at the top right of the main sheet, and also located on its own sheet, Table_Revision.

When you double click on the main sheet table to edit the revision table, it brings you over to the Table_revision sheet and allows you to edit it.

How do you create this functionality? I am updating some old drawings where someone has deleted the table from the main sheet, but the Table_Revision sheet is still in the drawing.

I've tried copying and pasting the view the table is in, the table itself, tried inserting various tables, with no luck.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I suspect the "Table_revision" sheet is a detail sheet and the table is a 2D Component.
If so, use the Instantiate 2D Component command to place an instance of the component on another sheet.

Double clicking that instance will take you directly to the 2D Component on the detail sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back