Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Drafting Tools - Place Section Marker 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveVikingPE

Structural
Aug 9, 2001
US
When using the subject tool, it always ends up that the circle is on the right. I want it on the left! Any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can't from the draft tools
but if you use the draft tools to draw one then mirror it
change the text to tags and turn off the tag visable for all the tag text and save it as a cell
you can then have an opposite hand cell with tagged text fields that can be edited and or turned off if not required.
you can then make an icon that will load the cell with rc=<path and celllibraryname>;ac=<cellname>
dont type the <>
if when you originaly make your cell with the text the right size for your prefered active scale ie 1:1000 then you can scale up or down proportionally.ie cellscale=2 for 1:2000 etc.
Lorys

To follow-up...

1. Thanks!

2. The mirror part I'm fine with and with making it a cell. The tags operations are difficult for me as I'm just not that savvy with tags.

Chaning the text to tags - is there an icon or other tool that does this? The Help doesn't indicate so. You can change tags to text, but the other direction is eluding me. It looks like AI have to first create a tag set (never done that before) and then assign tags individually. The" tag visible" instruction: is that simply clicking-off "tags" under Settings>View Attributes?

thanks again!

To learn about tags go to great tutorial there.
to turn tags into text keyin <change tag droptext> and then click on tags to change.
tags are great as they have there own tool pallet and can turn of/on independantly of eacher thru the specail tag tools.
But in your case tags are unnecessarily complicated for no real benifit they way you want to work this, so just use text instead and put your text on different levels inside your cells and when you finish last set of instructions you'll have a left hand cell and a right hand cell that you activate placement via an F key using the keyins I detailed last time...
Lorys

You mean The good stuff looks like it's all on XM, though.

Using the mirroring technique you've suggested is the best way to go. Setting up a new tool that puts the circle on the right or left really should be akin to the "flip arrows" check box in the place arrow marker tool. and thus is something Bentley should build into the next version.

Dave,
You answered your own question. Xm I beleive is suppose to be able to. I will check with Chris and see what he thinks.
Regards,
Namdac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back