Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

drafting units

Status
Not open for further replies.

parcam

Aerospace
Nov 13, 2003
US
How do I change the default drafting units from mm to inches? I have already changed units under tools/options to inches but I can't find a toggle for drafting.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Eric,
I am just a poor dumb old country boy and have to be led by the hand. Do you have any more specifics on how to or what to do with Standard XML files... have a look on the online DOC? Any help would be appreciated fore I too have the same problem as parcam.

Thanks

hi,

In your ENV file you should find a path to your CATCollectionStandard.

in that directory you should have a subdirectory called Drafting. In that Drafing directory you should have at least one XML file... this is the Standard XML file.

If you start CATIA V5 in Admin mode you should go to tools / standard... and set the default to mm or inches using the well known (from V4) NUM.DIMM or NUM.DINC or any other

But that is only a very small part of CATIA ADMINISTRATION... you can find plenty of help in the online Documentation that comes with CATIA. If you want more ask your boss about training...

Eric N.

catiav5@softhome.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back