Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drafting with Equation driven models 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harrisonfay

Mechanical
Aug 21, 2012
US
I am having an issue with a project I am working on and I am wondering if anyone on the forum has dealt with a related issue.

I have an assembly created that draws variables off an excel sheet to generate a fairly simple assembly.

My issue is that the changes in length alter the layout of my draft. I would like to have a variable driven view break in my draft, but edge won't let me define the break with a variable I can alter with the variable table.

Has anyone here had to deal with this layout problem, and is there an elegant solution to allow automatic/easy changes to sheet layouts?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I solved this issue, and am posting my solution for anyone else who runs into this problem.

I ended up going into the advanced properties of each view and turning off the option to remove geometry not shown in the view box. I could then define each view and use multiple copies of each to create a section view that stayed mostly static as the parametric changed.

I was wondering if you can help with this issue I am having. I don't see many post about using variables in draft templates. I am try to display the diameter of a hole of a part. This diameter is being controlled by variable. I am using PMI and PMI views. I used smart dimension to display the diameter and it shows diameter. However, in the draft it displays it as a radius not a diameter.

There should be a selection under the orientation dropdown after you have selected the dimension in the draft that selects a radius or diameter display with two buttons.

I am using ST3. This may change things if you are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back