Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DraftSight 2018 SP2 activation failed on Ubuntu 16.04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rami-1

Mechanical
Jun 23, 2018
FI
I have Ubuntu 16.04 LTS with mate desktop. I installed DraftSight 2018 sp2 for Ubuntu with these instructions:

Before the install I disabled virus scanners.

I downloaded deb file for ubuntu in installed it with

[tt]sudo dpkg -i draftSight.deb[/tt]

Installation went without any errors.

When I start the DraftSight it asks activation. I fill all fields and press "activate" and then after few secods the DraftSight crashes probably before sending any email.

When I started DraftSight on console and tried activation, it did not print anything on console before crash.

No activation key was received from DraftSight/Solidworks.

How can I fix this issue? Are there any packages that need to be installed before installing DraftSight?

Where can I find DraftSight log files in Ubuntu?

Thank you for your support.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hey Rami-1,
I'm not familiar with the Ubuntu operating system, but if you know your way around the system you might be able to get this to work if it is anything like the same process as windows.
Basically on Windows OS this "hack" allows you to bypass the activation stage.

To get rid of the activation message just open Regedit.exe and navigate to: “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SWActivation\K2”
Delete any sub key and value below “K2” (default key stays). Now edit permission on “K2”. Remove Full-Control from your
Current-User and set to Read-Only instead. Replace permission on this object. You should be able now to start DraftSight
without the activation message.

Let us know if you find something that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back