Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

draftsight crash and out of options

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillwmc

Mechanical
Sep 4, 2015
US
I'm trying to install draftsight on a coworker's computer. Each time doesn't work. Here's the problems:
1. first time when opening, i get an error:p ACSIGNCORE16.DLL ERROR: YOU HAVE ACSIGNICON.DLL FILE BUT IT'S OUT OF DATE. PLEASE UPDATE IT. Then it goes to draft sight screen, and then windows error saying this program has to close due to it not responding
2. I then re-named both ACSIGNICON and ACSIGNCORE16 because i noticed that i don't have those files on my computer and thought that would fix it. Opened it up again and didn't get the ACSIGNCORE16 error. But it still crashed
3. went to Appdata:roaming:draftsight and deleted its content. Tried again, and it crashed again.
4. I copied my Appdata draftsight folder (since it worked on mine) and copied it to his computer in the appdata location. It didn't crash like before, instead it crashed by asking if i want to save a recovery file. But when you try to click it crashes.

Not only computer that's having problems, but there is one consistancy: each computer that is having draftsight issues also has AUTOCAD LT. Could that be causing it? I'm running low on options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back