Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Draftsight instantly crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsmoked

Electrical
Feb 18, 2005
US
Draftsight.. Often feels like Draftblindside.

I use it probably once a month. Maybe all day but not frequently. I cringe when clicking it open because I'd say about 70% of the time it fails for some screwball reason. My free license has expired but won't let me update, etc, etc,
URL]

Anywho.. Been dreading a job I have to do and go to open DS and blech. It puts up the splash screen then plasters a "Program has quit operating" Windoz window over the top of that.

I work the web, try all the purported solutions, noting that re-installing doesn't fix this. After trying everything else, re-installing was the last thing to try. Going to the DS site I'm greeted with this:

ice_screenshot_20170315-005727_jwceu5.png

Seems they failed to keep up with some certificate and since DS runs home to momma on starting the lack of a valid certificate rudely kills it without even a message.

I went with updating and everything works fine (for now). Since there were no pointers to this on the interweb I thought I'd put something somewhere (here).

Cheers.

Keith Cress
kcress -

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for that. I too use DS infrequently, and find that if I wait for a minute at the "Buy this or else" dialog, a little tiny checkbox appears, allowing me to go ahead anyway. At least that happened the last time I used it, months ago. I probably should go get the hotfix Real Soon Now.

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

I've been having dreadful problems with DraftSight 2017 crashing on the first "save as". If anybody has any ideas about how to solve this problem I would be most grateful for a reply. many thanks
Adrian

All I can think of is to exit DS, make a copy with a different name using OS tools, and try to open the new file in DS.

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back