Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Dragonflies

Status
Not open for further replies.

dik

Structural
Apr 13, 2001
CA
My son sent this to me this morning. Just a fascinating article. I had no idea that dragonflies were like this.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Impressive! I recall as a kid watching the dragonflies at the local lakes. Their flight abilities is what impressed me the most. I never thought that they were that successful w/ their prey.

I once saw a dragonfly take a wasp. I was actually watching the wasp as it was over reeds on a lakeside. There one second and the next in the jaws of a dragon fly. Most impressive hunter.

Politicians like to panic, they need activity. It is their substitute for achievement.

While most predators are successful about 25% of the time, the dragonfly is successful nearly 100% of the time; they locate their prey predictably. One of the few insects that can actually move it's head.
Incredible article...

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back