Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drainage blanket design 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranifoaud2012

Civil/Environmental
Feb 13, 2012
EG
I came across this forum searching for information about design of drainage blanket below foundation.
i need to calculate the thickness of the drainage blanket which will work as passive permanent dewatering system.
also how to determine the flow which will seep into the blanket.
I am hoping someone out here could give some insight.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Since you have just arrived here, best to read the site rules. One rule is to avoid posting in more than one forum. You should request that multiple posts be removed by using the Red Flag option.

why would you need to dewater below a foundation? Are you of the impression that water reduces otherwise good soil to mud? That is obviously not true or embankment dams wouldn't work. Piles bearing in wet soils wouldn't work, etc. . .

So, there must be some other issue. Please tell us.

f-d

¡papá gordo ain’t no madre flaca!

I think I saw something like this when designing a basement on the beach, at a past job. First in the city and last of that happening.

I remember the phone call where the contractor was trying to pump out the ocean from flooding the excavation.

B+W Engineering and Design
Los Angeles Civil Engineer and Structural Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back