Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drawing Bug in 2006 SP4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellnerp

Mechanical
Feb 11, 2005
US
I have seen a problem with section views in 2006 SP4.1. It reproduces on our system by following this procedure:

1. Make a partial section of an assembly.
2. Break alignment on the section view.
3. Move the section view
4. Scale the section view so it appears larger.
5. Now drag one of the section view arrows to widen or narrow the span of the partial section.
6. The section view will become a projected view of the item being sectioned and will not return to a section view once it has failed.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've followed these steps several times with two different assemblies and can't reproduce the bug on my machine.

I've also had problems with partial section views with SW06 sp4.1 - even when the view alignment hasn't been broken, the view 'jumps' to a different location on the sheet.

My reseller (SolidSolutions) is currently investigating the issue.

MichaelWeb74, are you using SW06 SP5.0 Early Visibility, or did you read about this fix? Just wondering if it is a gamble to run production with SP5.0 EV.

Flores
SW06 SP4.1

I found fix listed SW Knowledge Base, I did not know SP5.0 was EV. Dose work around work, I could not reproduce problem in SP 4.1.

I also followed the steps and could not reproduce the problem.

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 5.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back