Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drawing format or template setup?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSHOPE

Automotive
Jun 18, 2015
US
I am trying to figure out how to change the font of the xsec and detail views without having to click and edit text.
I would like for my template to be able to bring in the desired font for the self generating features such as xsec generations and detail names.
Currently, we have to open the template create and then click on each generated feature and change it font.

Any help would be appreciated.

PTC_ex_b4yxtr.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Setting should be in your *.dtl file.
Will only pick up on new drawings.
If you hae drawing templates, you need to edit those files, too

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Thanks for the feedback.

I am newbie at this so I may not understand everything.
I have looked at my template and can not see where to edit the &xsec_name or &detail symbol. Can you please help with this?

If using the template do I need to worry about the dtl file or does the dtl file get created from the template during the creation and saving of the drawing?
What are some of the wording in the dtl file that helps me understand where and how to put it.

Looks like I need a reference of the language used for dtl files: Do you know where I can find one?

I am attaching one of the template we use so that you can see it to help.

The .dtl files is like a config.pro, but for the DeTaiL draftimg settings used in a drawing.
Find the Help Topics Detail guide on PTC.com for details on how to setup and use these files. The Fundamentals guide would be a help, too.

You will be setting the default text character to use in youir drawings. The section and other text will inherit these settings when you add those symbols to your drawing sheet.

In your <loadpoint>/text folder there are many sample *.dtl files to look at.

Ben Loosli

You don't say what version of Pro/E you are using. The way to get to the config files is different in different versions. In Wildfire you can just right click in the drawing template or format and choose PROPERTIES. That puts up a little menu and choose DRAWING OPTIONS. That opens a dialog box with all the options as set in your current object. Form there you want to change things like:

def_view_text_height
def_view_text_thickness
default_view_label_placement
detail_circle_note_text

Like config.pro files, .dtl files are just ascii test files so you can edit them with any test editor. While you can load them, edit them and save them through Pro/E you don't HAVE to do it that way if you know what you want.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

I think I have found where you are talking about now. There is a place that you can go to FILE>PREPARE>DRAWING PROPERTIES. In this file you choose shange and it has to deal with font and section and default views, but please see picture attached.

Currently when I make a new Detail or section, it does the following:

FONT ex:
DETAIL A
SCALE 1:1

I want it to look like this:
DETAIL A
SCALE 1:1
PTC1ex_tht8dh.jpg

IS there a way to do that. I am sure there is , but need to understand the syntax to be able to do that.

Set the display properties of that text to bold. If no icon to change it, use the prefix and suffix to the line.

Ben Loosli

Not completely getting it yet.
I am attaching what the file is when I do FILE>PREPARE SESSION>DRAWING PORPOERTIES and then click change.

What I am not getting is that I think what you told me to do was to change the font after the DETAIL and or SCALE has been generated. Is there not a way to format the way that the DETAIL and SCALE comes in.

When I create a detail or view name I would like for the format to be already complete. IS that done in dtl file or some other way.

Is there a way to contact you directly:

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=8f233031-2b64-4fd5-b691-549628f9dfec&file=dtl.JPG
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back