Drawing Limits....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinceNY

Mechanical
Jul 20, 2007
US
Hi,
I was wondering if there are any advantages or disadvantages in regards to setting drawing limits. I never set my drawing limits, I also never have the grid toggle on either.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have never given limits much thought and argued with many people that there is nothing magical about 0,0,0 having to be in the lower, left hand corner of your drawing. And the grid gets in the way, visually, and is not needed if you use osnaps and relative coordinates to draw and place entities.

Don Phillips

A good argument for 0,0,0 having to be in the lower, left hand corner of your drawing, is Xref's can be attached at the same coordinates and copy base point works the same way. The lower left corner is just a good point to remember.
I also do not used grid.

Chris
SolidWorks/PDMWorks 08 2.0
AutoCAD 06
ctopher's home (updated 10-07-07)
ctopher's blog

VinceNY,

I think you have written about the ACAD-command "_limits". I never set my drawing limits, too.
You can use it, if you want to plot from modellspace. "limits" are like the paper.

If you use the rasterpoints (F7). They are shown only inside the limits.

If you want, that nobody draws outside the limits. LIMCHECK.

L.

ADT 2004

I use limits in layouts when I plot. Particularly useful when I have a "D" or "E" size drawing and I just want to plot from either drawing size a portion of that drawing on an "A" size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back