Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drawing Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

prohammy

Mechanical
May 28, 2003
GB
All,

A quick question that I have been asked (and don't know the answer to).....

What controls whether an individual station on a networked system can see a preview of a drawing?

I think it is whether a drawing has been saved on that station, but would like confirmation.

If the above is true, is there any way of getting PRO/E to link to a DBM to provide a drawing preview?

Cheers

Kevin Hammond

Mechanical Design Engineer
Derbyshire, UK

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The preview image is stored in the file itself. There may also be a requirement that ProductView Express be loaded.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
Sr IS Technologist
L-3 Communications

play with the config "save_drawing_picture_file"
I have it set to "embed"
You can store the preview as a seperate picture file or embed it into the .drw file.

David

looslib/davidinindy,

Thanks for replies, but not quite what I was looking for (I don't think I have explained myself properly)

The 'problem' that I was initially asked about was 'Why do some drawings (in my workbench) have previews, and why don't others (they will come up on screen as 'Preview Not Available')?

Sorry for the lack of info.

All help welcome

Kevin Hammond

Derbyshire, UK

If the preview was not stored with the drawing it would not be available. If the drawing was stored with the config option set to store a the preview as David stated, the preview is there, if not there is no preview. Check your config.pro settings.

Thanks all, issue closed.

Turns out everyone hass a different setting that was causing the problem

Cheers

Kevin Hammond

Derbyshire, UK

And to add to this. If you have old drawings, you'll have to open them, and resave them with this config set to get them toy preview.

David

Yeah,

I realise that anything that was done with a 'faulty' config will need to be resaved...... bit of a pain.

The joys of it all

Kevin Hammond

Derbyshire, UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back