Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drawing rotation for printing 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesPaul82

Mechanical
Oct 3, 2003
CA
I am trying to print a 22"x34" sheet on to 24" roll through our plotter. Therefore we need to rotate the drawing but we can only rotate the paper. (ie. the 34" is always horizontal but the paper is loaded as the 22" being horizontal.) Switching between the portrait and landscape does not fix this. The only thing I am doing right now is saving as a pdf and printing from there. that can do it properly. My explanation sounds a bit confusing so if anyone needs clarification to help me just let me know. Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sounds like a setting in your printer needs to change. CHeck to see if the defaults are 'landscape, portrait or auto' (or something like that).

I have seen this problem, happens to me too.

When printing in SW 2004, the print orientation may look as it is correct (in SW). However, going back to the "Windows" printer and setting the preferances there, for the portrait and landscape, then returning to SW should fix the problem.

-or-

Change the switch in the print dialog box "system setting" or "document setting". I perfer system setting. No screw ups because of SW.

I have someone that takes care of the plotter, so I'm not an expert in this case, but I know that some identical problems where solved by:
- using actual plotter drives, with custom paper configs for SW
- using correct plotter settings (hardware configs)

You should also pay attention to the above posts.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back